Lakeside Joondalup Shopping City
The significant expansion of the prominent Lakeside Joondalup Shopping City created an additional 29,000m2 of retail and office floor space. On completion of the staged works, the centre’s gross lettable area rose to over 70,000m2.
Lakeside Joondalup shopping city is the major shopping centre and retail show piece of the City of Joondalup and integral part of the central business district
BCA Consultants was engaged to provide the electrical, mechanical, hydraulic, vertical transportation, lighting design, fire safety engineering and fire services for the development.
The expansion included a new major Sisters IGA supermarket, a Big W discount department store, 100 specialty stores, and 2-storey offices, as well as 2,000 additional car parking spaces in a new 4-level carpark.
With a construction value in excess of $110 million, the project was staged in order to maintain the full operation and amenity of the existing centre, as well as pedestrian access through the centre of the construction site for public transport access.
As part of the scope of works, BCA successfully delivered:
- Staged expansion and integration of new high voltage and low voltage power infrastructure.
- Direct liaison and consultation with Western Power for 7mVa network upgrade.
- Installation of a bus duct tenancy power distribution system to maximise tenancy plan flexibility and reduce tenancy Category 1 works.
- Specialty dynamic lighting
- Big W and IGA supermarket design.
- Staged expansion of chilled water and supply systems.
- Comprehensive fire engineered solution for whole centre.
- Performance based carpark ventilation systems based on CFD modelling.